Tuesday 17 November 2009

A LEGEND ( or is it leg end ) plays LEGENDS

It was inevitable that I would play the Grandly named Legends Course at Clermont one day. Sister course of the much vaunted and highly rated Celebration Course, I passed this every time I visited the Bank and like a magnet it eventually drew me in and by the crin, I was not disappointed. The glorious 16th a Par 3 of 140 yards.

I had booked this via the course web site and had found a late special just 27 dollars for the round, inc buggy and discount vouchers for the pro shop, TREMENDOUS VALUE. I arrived early and was fortuitously paired with a lovely couple from Buffalo thats north New York to my English friends, Noel and Jeanne. They also have a home in Lakeland at Shalamar Creek, so looks like another course will soon be ticked off. They as I usually find were quite great company during the round. 1st hole all down hill 380 yards with great views of Lake Louisa. What a splendid way to start a round. The course was quite well tended, Greens quite magnificent. Again! In truth I have not encountered any bad greens his trip. The course meanders thru the Legends Housing Complex without any of the intrusion that certain other Florida courses have. Every hole seemed to offer a different challenge and with the company I was keeping the five hours passed all too soon.

The view from the course entrance.
The whole complex ouses class and I advise any visitor to include this in their itinerary.

The shuttle takes off as I am about to drive at 17
Yes we also got a spectacular view of the shuttle take off, only place I would have rather been than on this course that day........... up with those Astronauts.



No comments:

Post a Comment