Thursday 25 February 2010

Golfing at the Olympics super Northlands

Where else but in the rockies


4th hole at majestic Northlands



Tenth all downhill, reachable dare you try it!


When we hit Vancouver, we simply couldn't believe the weather, the sun shone so bright every day and temperatures were quite mild in the late 50s. Whilst the organisers of the Olympics were concerned and cancelling events and bringing snow into Whistler. The effect on my golf trip was far from a concern it meant courses I had expected to be closed for winter were now open after the mild weather and increased my options considerably.




As we were staying in North Vancouver it gave me opportunity to book a round at the highly rated public course in Northlands and I was not to be disappointed.




The Pros shop as well as being superbly organised what a difference from Hawaii, was well stocked and at very cheap prices for a city club. They kindly set me up with 3 great guys from the area and another great day was, I hope, had by all. Got to say there was some very fine golf played too. Canada took Gold and Bronze and I slipped in with a Silver but the Whole day was to prove a Golden One.













Considering the course was coming off the back of their winter it was in quite superb condition. Greens naturally slower than any I had encountered this trip, Fairways softer, bunkers heavier, I could have been back home, but for less than $40 cd ie £ 20 this was great value for money in a splendid location.










can you Adam and Eve this winter golf course.






Not a cloud in the sky and no SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment