Wednesday 30 September 2009

BLACKPOOL RUGBY CHARITY Event at De Vere

Bobby, Tim and Ralph at the 7th a glorious Par 3


Last week, I played in THE BLACKPOOL Rugby League Clubs Charity Event at The Glorious Herons Reach Course at The De Vere in Blackpool. I was partnered by long time golf buddy Ralph "El Bandito" Harwood, Club Chairman Bobby Hope and local businessman Tim Clokey made up our 4 ball and we finished a creditable 2nd. I am still awaiting my prize of a Coffee Maker but understand that some of the bedrooms in Bobbys Hotel now have such machines.Later that week Tim took all of us to His Lancaster Club and despite the rain we had a fantastic day, what a glorious course and club house (pictured above). I can wholeheartedly recommend this track to anyone. Bobby forgot my Coffee Maker but it did not detract from a round at one of the North Wests most prestigious but oft overlooked clubs. The 18th a short par 3 over a Ravine to the front of the club house is a stunning finale to the round. Thanks Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment