Thursday 19 November 2009

THE Social Golfer discovers a GEM of a course at Diamondback

Today I took advantage of the super offers at this time of year and headed South to Diamondback, a 4 1/2Star rated Golf Digest Course at the cost of just 35 bucks inc buggy. Great Weather, super company and a quite exquisite course should have lent itself to my best golf. Did It, you guessed it, I was dire, hardly hit a fairway, chipped like a novice, was in more bunkers than Rommell. Did I enjoy it, you bet I did.
The approach to the 1st Hole
I was joined by a lovely couple from Pinehurst, North Carolina, what a golfing pedigree. Mr and Mrs Mark Young were great company and no mean golfers, they both kicked my butt big time. They had that day become Grand Parents again, congratulations and Good Health to new baby Young.

One of the few water holes on the course but it caught me out

At least I finished well, my only good drive and a strong chip leaves me ready for Saturdays CYDER Cup Contest at Celebration between Europe and the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment